Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will AHA 2023 take place?
- What are dates and hours of the AHA annual meeting Exhibits?
- What are the important deadlines to remember?
- What are the booth space rental rates? What is included?
- What is the payment schedule for booth space?
- How is booth space assigned? When will I receive confirmation?
- What are the Exhibit Rules & Regulations?
- What is the Exhibitor Manual? How do I order exhibit services?
- How do I register for exhibitor badges? What is the deadline?
- How do I make my hotel arrangements? What is the deadline?
- How do I update my company information for the online Exhibitor Listing?
- How can I maximize my presence on the Exhibit floor?
- How should I ship my exhibit materials? In advance to the warehouse or direct to the exhibit facility?
- Can I deliver my own exhibit materials to the exhibit facility?
- Is there security provided for MY booth?
- Should I insure my exhibit materials?
- When can I install or dismantle my booth?
- If I have a problem during installation, the exhibition, or dismantling, who do I see?
Take a moment to review the following information and contact us for answers to any additional questions:
Dawn Kerrigan, Exhibit Sales, T: 630-929-7976, AHA@heiexpo.com
AHA Annual Meeting Exhibits Management and Sales
98 E. Chicago Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559-1559
T: 630-434-7779 F: 630-434-1216
AHA 2023 will take place January 5–8 (Exhibit January 6–8), 2023.
Exhibits will be held at the Philadelphia Marriott in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Friday, January 6 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 7 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Coffee Break in Exhibit Hall 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Sunday, January 8 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
* Subject to change
- Exhibitor housing and advance registration opens – late September, 2022
- Last day to cancel exhibit booth with full refund – September 30, 2022
- Deadline to submit advertising for the annual meeting Program – September 12, 2022
- Final balance of booth payment due – November 14, 2022
Exhibit rental rates are:
- Premium (8’ x 10’): $2,100 early rate until March 1, 2022, $2,200 regular rate
- Standard (8’ x 10’): $2,000 early rate until March 1, 2022, $2,100 regular rate
Standard spaces are located along the back wall on the floor plan.
Each booth includes the following:
- Five free registrations per 8' x 10’ booth, providing your representatives with full access to all meeting sessions and events
- Networking access to over 4,000 history professionals
- Listing on AHA website
- Sponsorship and advertising opportunities, including app push notifications.
- 24-hour Exhibit Hall security
- exhibitor lounge
- booth identification sign
- 8’ high back drape, 3’ high side rails
- General Exhibit Hall cleaning
- Assistance from the AHA’s official general service contractor, GES (www.ges.com). You can order GES products and services at a discount, including booth furniture, material handling, labor, and much more.
For security reasons, annual meeting badges must be worn at all times in the Exhibit Hall.
Please note that furnishings, material handling (shipping/drayage), power, and internet are not included with your booth rental fee. Tables, furniture, etc., can be obtained at an additional rental charge through the official service contractors. Information on ordering additional services are available in the Exhibitor Manual, available in October.
Booth requests will be accepted at www.historians.org/boothorders and require a minimum payment of 50% of the booth cost. Credit cards are accepted online. Failure to abide by this payment schedule can result in reassignment of booth space.
The balance of the booth fee is due November 14, 2022. After September 30, 2022, no cancellations will be accepted. Deposits will be refunded on cancellations made prior to this date, and must be made in writing. Cancellations received after September 30, 2022, obligate the exhibitor to full payment and forfeiture of all monies paid.
All reservations will be made online according to the following procedures:
- Examine the floor plan carefully before making your booth selection(s). Please include booth locations throughout the hall on your booth request to ensure a booth of your choice.
- Each exhibiting company agrees to abide by all the terms and conditions of the contract. Changes to the contract are not allowed.
- Booth requests are being accepted at www.historians.org/boothorders. You will need an AHA login; contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have one and need a reminder, or create a free new account at www.historians.org/createaccount. Booth orders require a minimum deposit of 50% payable online by credit card.
- Assignment of booth space will be made on a first come, first served basis with completed booth request and inclusion of proper deposit. Companies that exhibited at the 2022 AHA annual meeting will be given preference.
- Confirmations with booth assignments will be emailed in April. Once your booth(s) has been assigned, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. A separate e-mail will detail the process for obtaining badges for your representatives.
- The balance of the booth fee is due November 14, 2022. After September 30, 2022, no cancellations will be accepted. Deposits will be refunded on cancellations made prior to this date, and must be made in writing. Cancellations received after September 30, 2022, obligate the exhibitor to full payment and forfeiture of all monies paid.
For questions on your booth assignment, contact Hall-Erickson, Inc., T: 630-434-7779, AHA@heiexpo.com.
AHA annual meeting Exhibitor Terms and Conditions are part of the Application for Exhibit Space.
Exhibitors must abide by all AHA annual meeting Display Rules in designing and installing their exhibit fixtures. These display rules are outlined in detail in the Exhibitor Manual (available in October) and must be adhered to on-site, or your display may be required to go through costly alterations before the Show opens. The display rules are not meant to limit your ability to showcase your product, but rather to ensure each exhibitor an equal opportunity, within reason, to present their product or service in the most effective manner to the audience. The exhibitor's responsibility can be summed up quite simply as "Be a Good Neighbor."
Note: All demonstration equipment including operator's position must be located at least two feet back from the aisle line of the exhibit area. Each exhibitor warrants and agrees that the exhibitor is solely responsible for assuming that its exhibit, demonstration(s), and all related materials, are accessible to persons with disabilities and complies with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Your agreement to abide by these display rules is a part of the exhibit space contract and they will be strictly enforced by our Floor Managers.
For questions on the Display Rules & Regulations, contact Hall-Erickson, Inc., T: 630-434-7779, AHA@heiexpo.com.
The Exhibitor Manual (available in October) is your resource guide to all you need to know to successfully organize and implement your exhibit plan. It includes rules & regulations, general information, the official contractor list, shipping and handling instructions, rental display options, labor services, and order forms for every service available to exhibitors during AHA 2023. There is also information on the correct procedure for requesting the use of an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) for your exhibit program. Exhibit services can be ordered online or by fax, and there are numerous discounts offered and deadlines, so be sure to review the Exhibitor Manual in detail well before the annual meeting exhibits.
Beginning in mid-September, the primary contact for each exhibiting company can register up to 5 staff members per booth. Beginning in mid-September, exhibitors will log in at historians.org/myaha and select Manage My Booth Staff in the 2023 Annual Meeting, Philadelphia section.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact Liz Townsend at email@example.com.
Note: for security reasons, annual meeting badges must be worn at all times in the Exhibit Hall.
Hotel accommodations for the 2023 annual meeting should be made through the annual meeting housing website. Housing opens in mid-September. Exhibitors should click the "Attendee" button to start their housing reservations.
Note: Maritz Global Events is the Official Housing Provider for the American Historical Association's 136th Annual Meeting. Improper solicitation of hotel reservations from any company other than Maritz Global Events is not approved. Reservations made by unaffiliated organizations may appear to have lower rates. However, they may be illegitimate, not have the rooms to sell, have unreasonable cancellation or change penalties, or be completely non-refundable. Please be aware of and report any unauthorized solicitation to your organization or Maritz Global Events. Information about housing prices and procedures will be posted on the AHA Housing Site in mid-September.
Your company will be listed in the online Exhibitor List as soon as your booth space is confirmed. The information from your Application will be used for your initial listing.
Do you have another company co-located with you in your booth? If you wish to have additional company listings with your booth number, please complete the Additional Listing Form. Questions? Contact Penny McQuality, Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about your company listing, contact Penny McQuality, Project Manager, T: 630-929-7932, email@example.com.
Maximize your organization’s exposure with a sponsorship at the AHA annual meeting. AHA offers a number of sponsorship opportunities and are happy to work with you to develop advertising suited to your needs. For more information on sponsorship options please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping details will be included in the Exhibitor Manual, available in October.
We strongly suggest that exhibitors consolidate their shipments as much as possible. Plan ahead and put as much into one shipment as possible to save money.
Details on shipping are included in the Exhibitor Manual, available in October.
Exhibitors who wish to hand carry exhibit materials will need to park in the garage and hand carry their items into the exhibit facility.
From the first day of move-in through the last day of move-out, there will be 24-hour perimeter badge-checkers for the exhibit floor. This level of security is intended to control the access of people and material to and from the exhibits in a safe and organized manner. It is not intended as individual security for your booth and materials. Please remember that the Philadelphia Marriott is a public building to which hundreds of individuals have access – let alone the number of individuals involved in the shipping of your materials to and from the exhibition, and the installation and dismantling of displays. Therefore, it is critical that exhibitors work closely with Hall-Erickson staff in making every effort to safeguard your investment in the exhibition. Be security conscious at all times during your stay in Philadelphia. Do not leave items of value in your booth overnight during the installation period or exhibition days without taking security precautions. Remember that the security of your product is your responsibility—don't take chances!
Exhibitors are required to provide for their own floater insurance coverage, protecting against damage, loss or theft. Please remember that the drayage contractor cannot be held responsible for the disappearance of an exhibitor's materials after delivery to the booth, or before the materials are picked up for loading out after the exhibition.
Remember that it is the responsibility of the exhibitor to insure his property. The American Historical Association, their agents, Hall-Erickson, Inc., the Philadelphia Marriott and their respective agents will not be responsible in any way against theft, fire or accident.
Exhibitors may install their booth on Thursday, January 5, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. All installation must be completed by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, January 5, in order to allow for a final cleaning of the exhibit hall.
Exhibitors may dismantle their booth on Sunday, January 8, from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. No packing of exhibit materials or equipment may begin before 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 8. Exhibitors who violate this rule are subject to exclusion from future exhibits.
For questions about the schedule, Hall-Erickson, Inc., T: 630-434-7779, AHA@heiexpo.com.
The first place to go is the Exhibits Management Desk, which will be in operation from the start of installation through the end of dismantling. We are there to assist you by answering questions about display rules, help with labor questions, and general information about the exhibition and facility. Another option is to visit the customer service staff at the General Contractor Service Center who will help you by answering questions about your shipment, your orders, or other service needs that you may have. The entire AHA annual meeting exhibits staff will be ready and willing to assist you in any way possible – please don’t hesitate to contact us.